Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Workshop 5: Persuasive Essay

Great job on the rough drafts of your essays so far everyone! Remember, you are trying to persuade me that the technology you are writing about is the WORST one for teens to be around and utilize.

Some ideas:

1. Rather than just writing about email, write about the entire internet.

2. Rather than just writing about cellphones, write about different forms of technology so that you can talk about cellphones plus iPods, video games and even T.V.

Check out the link below regarding writing a persuasive essay...

http://teacher.scholastic.com/activities/writing/conduct.asp?topic=Persuasive

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I THINK THAT I AM GOING TO GET A GOOD GRADE SIKE


MARIO D

Anonymous said...

GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFUL...WELL I THINK THAT I AM GOING TO DO A PRETTY GOOD JOB FOR THIS ASSIMENT.WISH ME LOOK!

LOVE.MERCEDIES

Anonymous said...

what i will be writing about is all types of technology like cell phones,ipods,& computer and when i finish i hope essay will be good enough to get a good grade

Anonymous said...

I think,I will be able to write a good essay about the evil ways of technology that teens use.

Christian Perez:(

Anonymous said...

I think that techology can be addicted.I am writing about howm the interent could be bad for teens


nancy

Anonymous said...

I think that the essay will be easy to right for me. I'm righting about how teenagers spend to much time on the computer. ♫ ♫
♫ ♫
-Jasmine♫Marmolejo♫

Anonymous said...

I going to like this essay because were talking about how technogoly effect teens and that hows teens are addicted and this essay is going to bekind of easy!!

-Maria C.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs.Fitzgerald,
This essay seems like it might be alittle hard because im writing about other technology (television, cell phone, and computer) and im realizing that I us technology way to much. But I don't us my cell phone to call my friend and ask what color t-shirt I should buy. But I watch way to much T.V. and use the computer to much. I think im going to cut back so I can save energy for the earth.Okay thats pretty much it so BYE!!!

-sabrina ♥♥♥

Anonymous said...

I think the essay is going to be easy because everybody nows that technology could go wrong .



jacobr.